Women Survivors of Rape,
Sexual Assault and
Childhood Sexual Abuse in
The office is shut during the festive period, from 5pm Wednesday 19th December until 10am Thursday 3rd January 2019 but our helpline will remain available during this time.
If you need support, or for any messages regarding appointments, please leave a message on the helpline answer machine on 01494 462222 and leave your name, number and the best time to call you back and if it is ok for us to say who we are.
Warmest wishes for the festive period and let's make 2019 a memorable one for all women! 🎄
We offer free and confidential support for female survivors of rape, sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse.
Our services include:
- Counselling (face-to-face).
- Telephone support and Telephone Counselling.
- ISVA Support (Independent Sexual Violence Advisor) - from reporting to the police to going to court!
- Asian and Youth Outreach work.
- One-off support with medical appointments and form filling.
- Information about pregnancy testing and Sexually Transmitted Infections, including HIV.
- Phoenix - self help group for survivors meeting regularly.
- Support to non-abusing friends and families.
- Provide details of local groups and agencies who can offer additional information and support.
- Talks and training support to other organisations.
Who can contact us?
If you are a woman or girl aged 16 years and over, and feel or know that you have been sexually assaulted, sexually abused or raped, we are here for you. We can help whether it happened recently or at any time in the past. It may have been by a stranger or someone known to you, including people in your family.
Apart from initial support over the phone, we do not offer services to men and people under 16. However, we can direct you to an appropriate service.
We LISTEN and we BELIEVE.